Bank Holidays in August 2023: Bank is an important part of the life of common people. From withdrawing money from the account to depositing money, changing old notes, etc., one has to visit the bank. If you also have to deal with any important work related to the bank in the month of August, then definitely check the bank holiday list of this month. Reserve Bank of India releases the list of holidays annually for the convenience of the customers. In such a situation, you can easily make a list of tasks related to your bank by checking this list. According to the list released by the Reserve Bank, banks will remain closed for a total of 14 days in August 2023.
August is full of holidays
Significantly, there are a lot of holidays in the banks in the month of August. Banks will remain closed for many days in this month due to festivals, birth anniversary and Saturday and Sunday. Banks will remain closed in the whole country on August 15 due to Independence Day. Apart from this, due to Onam, Raksha Bandhan, banks will remain closed in many parts of the country. If you also have to complete some important work in the next month, then do your planning according to the list of holidays and complete this work in this month itself.
Banks will remain closed for so many days in August-
- 6 August 2023- Due to Sunday, there will be a holiday in the whole country
- 8 August 2023- Holiday will be observed in Gangtok due to Tendong Lho Rum Phat
- 12 August 2023- Banks will remain closed on the second Saturday across the country
- 13 August 2023- Banks will remain closed across the country due to Sunday
- 15 August 2023- Banks will remain closed across the country on account of Independence Day.
- 16 August 2023- Banks will remain closed in Mumbai, Nagpur and Belapur due to Parsi New Year.
- 18 August 2023- Banks will remain closed in Guwahati due to Shrimant Sankardev Tithi.
- 20 August 2023- Banks will remain closed across the country on Sunday
- 26 August 2023- There will be a holiday in banks across the country on the fourth Saturday
- 27 August 2023- Sunday will be a holiday in banks across the country
- 28 August 2023- Banks to remain closed in Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram on account of first Onam
- 29 August 2023- bank holiday in kochi and thiruvananthapuram due to thiruonam
- August 30- Banks will remain closed in Jaipur and Shimla due to Raksha Bandhan
- 31 August 2023- Bank holidays in Dehradun, Gangtok, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow and Thiruvananthapuram due to Raksha Bandhan/Sree Narayana Guru Jayanti/Pang-Lhabsol
How to deal with work when the bank is closed?
In today’s time, due to new technology, customers can transfer money to the bank account even when the bank is closed. For this, he can use new technology like net banking, mobile banking or UPI. At the same time, you can use ATM to withdraw cash.
read this also-
EPF Passbook: Check EPF passbook sitting at home without any hassle, know its 4 easy ways